Welcome to the Members Directory of the Society of Gilders!
Please search here when seeking technical help from a member. You may also seek help in the “Society of Gilders” discussion group on LinkedIn.
You can browse the whole Directory, or search for a gilder/member by name, specialty, or location.
- In the full membership list below, Gilders are listed in order of state or territory.
- The Specialty box on the left filters members by areas of specialty.
- The Search box on the right enables a search by name, city, country, and more.
- Clicking a letter in the Search box yields all with last name or company beginning with that letter.
- Clicking an underlined detail in a record filters members by that detail. For example, selecting a city will display a list of members in that city.
Please note, any search terms with less than 3 characters will be ignored.
Note to members: You can see all “public” entries without logging in; only members who log in can see information that is “private” .
Reed’s Gold Leaf Studios began from within the original family picture framing business, Reed’s Custom Framing. The frame shop opened its doors in 1968, started by Micki Cavanah’s parents, Don and Lou Reed. One of the local clients stated that he had been traveling to Atlanta, GA for all of his gilding needs. Finding it difficult to turn a client away for such services, Lou decided the natural thing to do would be to learn about gilding. At that time, there were very few gilders, and even fewer sources of instruction. It seemed that gilding was becoming a dying art. However, through perseverance, Lou learned the craft of gilding and restoration. She passed along her knowledge to many others through the years, including Micki and her husband, Mitchell Cavanah. For more than 20 years, Micki and Mitchell have continued the fine tradition of gilding that came from such humble beginnings.
Micki and Mitchell are long-time members of the Society of Gilders of which Micki has served as Vice-President, and now a member of the board of Trustees. Both are well-respected educators in the arts of restoration, gilding, and the design and creation of one-of-a-kind, museum quality picture frames.