Welcome to the Members Directory of the Society of Gilders!
Please search here when seeking technical help from a member. You may also seek help in the “Society of Gilders” discussion group on LinkedIn.
You can browse the whole Directory, or search for a gilder/member by name, specialty, or location.
- In the full membership list below, Gilders are listed in order of state or territory.
- The Specialty box on the left filters members by areas of interest.
- The Search box on the right enables a search by name, city, country, and more. Use at least 3 characters to search by state.
- Clicking a letter in the Search box yields all with last name or company beginning with that letter.
- Clicking an underlined detail in a record filters members by that detail. For example, selecting a city will display a list of members in that city.
Please note, any search terms with less than 3 characters will be ignored.
This can not be changed as this is a database limitation.
Note to members: You can see all “public” entries without logging in; only members who log in can see information that is “private”.
By trade I am a gilder, frame maker, and gilded object conservator.
In my personal creative outlets I often incorporate the skills of my trade into the artwork I produce. I work in analog, alternative, and pinhole photography. And I work in egg tempera and carved and gilded surfaces.
Gilded surfaces were traditionally used to attract available light in pre-electricity times. Used to adorn picture frames, burnished gold leaf would bring any available light in to illuminate the artwork it housed.
In my work, I use gilded surfaces to create reflective surfaces. I have been exploring the use of reflective surfaces in abstract creations to attract light and to reflect pattern and texture to the viewer to create illusions