Welcome to the Members Directory of the Society of Gilders!
Please search here when seeking technical help from a member. You may also seek help in the “Society of Gilders” discussion group on LinkedIn.
You can browse the whole Directory, or search for a gilder/member by name, specialty, or location.
- In the full membership list below, Gilders are listed in order of state or territory.
- The Specialty box on the left filters members by areas of specialty.
- The Search box on the right enables a search by name, city, country, and more.
- Clicking a letter in the Search box yields all with last name or company beginning with that letter.
- Clicking an underlined detail in a record filters members by that detail. For example, selecting a city will display a list of members in that city.
Please note, any search terms with less than 3 characters will be ignored.
Note to members: You can see all “public” entries without logging in; only members who log in can see information that is “private” .
Symeon van Donkelaar
Symeon van Donkelaar, Iconographer
The main work of the Conestoga Iconographic Studio is the creation of sacred icons for churches and homes. The saints and festivals depicted varies, but is usually connected to the person or congregation commissioning the icon. All of them are created in the same way—using local materials from the village of Conestoga to create a vision of heaven.
Day by day, local wood, soil, plants, and even bones are collected, worked, and offered in the making of an icon. This work is part of a consciousness that seeks to create locally from the place where the studio is located—an embodiment of creating in harmony with our environment. The stylistic-vision of its icons, for which the studio is known, is a gift from the Holy Spirit that embodies an ancient and direct vision. The resulting icons are works of great skill, which witness across Christendom, about our lives of faith and prayer.