Welcome to the Members Directory of the Society of Gilders!
Please search here when seeking technical help from a member. You may also seek help in the “Society of Gilders” discussion group on LinkedIn.
You can browse the whole Directory, or search for a gilder/member by name, specialty, or location.
- In the full membership list below, Gilders are listed in order of state or territory.
- The Specialty box on the left filters members by areas of specialty.
- The Search box on the right enables a search by name, city, country, and more. Use at least 3 characters to search by state/province.
- Clicking a letter in the Search box yields all with last name or company beginning with that letter.
- Clicking an underlined detail in a record filters members by that detail. For example, selecting a city will display a list of members in that city.
Please note, any search terms with less than 3 characters will be ignored.
This can not be changed as this is a database limitation.
Note to members: You can see all “public” entries without logging in; only members who log in can see information that is “private”.
No Image Available
My gilding career began in conjunction with painting exterior Victorians in San Francisco in the early 1980’s. Ornamental details were highlighted with 23 carat gold leaf.
In the mid 1990’s I received some finer training from Stanley Robinson, a founding member of SOG.
In the early 2000’s I worked in Paris with a team of expert gilders.
I commenced and continued interior architectural gilding in the early 2000’s.
Particularly working with pure silver leaf on mouldings, niches, ceilings and furniture.
I concurrently did and continue to do various decorative finishes, and restoration, repair and touch up of decorative finishes.
I learned to use the gilding wheel with the help of Michael Kramer. It is a tool and technique which allows high production and high quality finished work.
I also work on restoring / repairing damaged gilded furniture and architectural elements.
I continue to do interior projects primarily in pure silver leaf, gold leaf and composition silver leaf.
B. A. Hons. in English literature and Classical civilization from University College Dublin.
Diploma in Art History, a joint program from University College Dublin and Trinity College Dublin.