Welcome to the Members Directory of the Society of Gilders!
Please search here when seeking technical help from a member. You may also seek help in the “Society of Gilders” discussion group on LinkedIn.
You can browse the whole Directory, or search for a gilder/member by name, specialty, or location.
- In the full membership list below, Gilders are listed in order of state or territory.
- The Specialty box on the left filters members by areas of specialty.
- The Search box on the right enables a search by name, city, country, and more.
- Clicking a letter in the Search box yields all with last name or company beginning with that letter.
- Clicking an underlined detail in a record filters members by that detail. For example, selecting a city will display a list of members in that city.
Please note, any search terms with less than 3 characters will be ignored.
Note to members: You can see all “public” entries without logging in; only members who log in can see information that is “private” .
Francis is a calligrapher, fontographer, sign artist, gilder, and professor emeritus of physics and history of science at the State University College at Buffalo, NY. Awarded the SUNY Chancellor’s and President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching. Founded Signs of Gold, Inc. in 1994
to create the finest, most elegant, unrivaled, entirely hand crafted, gold leafed, wood signage
that are works of art, not just signs. He has won ten national first place awards from the United States Sign Council Design competition, as well as the International Sign Association contests. Author of 21 articles on gilding and hand carved sign artistry in SignCraft magazine, SignBusiness, Signs of the Times, and WoodCarvers Illustrated. Francis is the recipient of the “Innovators & Influencers Award” presented by Sign & Digital Graphics trade journal in recognition of those “who have changed for the better the way our industry conducts business.” Francis’s lifelong fascination with calligraphy and lettering as artform has led him to design five original digital typeface fonts which are commercially available on the Web.