Welcome to the Members Directory of the Society of Gilders!
Please search here when seeking technical help from a member. You may also seek help in the “Society of Gilders” discussion group on LinkedIn.
You can browse the whole Directory, or search for a gilder/member by name, specialty, or location.
- In the full membership list below, Gilders are listed in order of state or territory.
- The Specialty box on the left filters members by areas of interest.
- The Search box on the right enables a search by name, city, country, and more. Use at least 3 characters to search by state.
- Clicking a letter in the Search box yields all with last name or company beginning with that letter.
- Clicking an underlined detail in a record filters members by that detail. For example, selecting a city will display a list of members in that city.
Please note, any search terms with less than 3 characters will be ignored.
This can not be changed as this is a database limitation.
Note to members: You can see all “public” entries without logging in; only members who log in can see information that is “private”.
No Image Available
25 year veteran of the decorative arts industry, specializing in furniture, verre eglomise, decorative painting and plasters
It started with an idea listed in a chapter of business ideas in a how-to-start-a-business book-learn how to gild with gold leaf. I had worked several years in retail custom framing primarily working in production cutting mats, mounting and framing art. The high-end 22kt gold leaf frames piqued my fascination. I knew nothing of how gold leaf was put on nor had I ever seen a sheet of gold leaf, but the seed was planted. I wanted to work with this beautiful medium.
An opportunity serendipitously came my way after being laid off. One day after two months of job hunting, I opened the want ad section in the Chicago Tribune-an ad for a company looking for a gilder or the right candidate to willing to learn. I called the phone number and learned the company was world renowned harp manufacturer Lyon&Healy Harps. They hired me and I learned how to gild harps in genuine gold leaf. It changed my life. I eventually ventured into self-employment specializing in restoring antique gold harps. Then I began writing about gilding and teaching. The experience has been surprisingly gratifying. The gilding arts has been my passion for over 25 years. I feel proud and grateful working with this medium.