Welcome to the Members Directory of the Society of Gilders!
Please search here when seeking technical help from a member. You may also seek help in the “Society of Gilders” discussion group on LinkedIn.
You can browse the whole Directory, or search for a gilder/member by name, specialty, or location.
- In the full membership list below, Gilders are listed in order of state or territory.
- The Category box on the left filters members by Location (International and United States) and Specialty interests.
- The Search box on the right enables a search by name, city, country, and more. Use at least 3 characters to search by state.
- Clicking a letter in the Search box yields all with last name or company beginning with that letter.
- Clicking an underlined detail in a record filters members by that detail. For example, selecting a city will display a list of members in that city.
The Category box filters members by Location (International and United States) and Specialty interests. Please note, that any search terms with less than 3 characters will be ignored. This can not be changed as this is a database limitation.
Note to members: You can see all “public” entries without logging in; only members who log in can see information that is “private”.
It started with an idea listed in a chapter of business ideas in a how-to-start-a-business book-learn how to gild with gold leaf. I had worked several years in retail custom framing primarily working in production cutting mats, mounting and framing art. The high-end 22kt gold leaf frames piqued my fascination. I knew nothing of how gold leaf was put on nor had I ever seen a sheet of gold leaf, but the seed was planted. I wanted to work with this beautiful medium.
An opportunity serendipitously came my way after being laid off. One day after two months of job hunting, I opened the want ad section in the Chicago Tribune-an ad for a company looking for a gilder or the right candidate to willing to learn. I called the phone number and learned the company was world renowned harp manufacturer Lyon&Healy Harps. They hired me and I learned how to gild harps in genuine gold leaf. It changed my life. I eventually ventured into self-employment specializing in restoring antique gold harps. Then I began writing about gilding and teaching. The experience has been surprisingly gratifying. The gilding arts has been my passion for over 25 years. I feel proud and grateful working with this medium.
No Image Available
25 year veteran of the decorative arts industry, specializing in furniture, verre eglomise, decorative painting and plasters