NEW! The Society of Gilders is grateful to Picture Framing Magazine for letting us view this article about crackle gesso by Bill Adair at no charge. He refers to it in the Winter 2022 Gilders Tip.
The Society of Gilders Education Program offers professional learning opportunities for those interested in the gilding arts ranging in skill level from experienced professional to novice gilder. Instructors are experienced professional gilders who actively work in their fields of expertise, and have been approved by the Society of Gilders. We offer many opportunities to further your gilding education:
- Regional Classes: taught by SOG-approved teachers at a time and location of their choosing. Registration and Current Classes
- Here are examples of previous classes and a list of our Instructors
- Conferences: Conferences, which usually occur every other year, offer a venue for members and non members to gather and engage as a gilding arts community. Activities include a broad spectrum of classes, professional lectures and often an informal volunteer opportunity to participate in a gilding project at the conference location.
- Private Classes: Customized Classes for Individuals or Small Groups: If an individual would like to be involved in a class opportunity directly with a teacher for a specific technique, private classes can be arranged.
- Technical help: To find a gilder who might help, search the Directory of Members, or you may also seek help in the “Society of Gilders” discussion group on LinkedIn
Are you interested in teaching? Read more here.